Dennis-Yarmouth Regional High School
Students will explore photographic and darkroom/lab processes using key concepts learned through the study and practice of traditional darkroom photography. Past and present references of materials, techniques & art photographers will be a critical influence to gaining individual skills and knowledge.
- Following through with each of the photographic assignments is expected (camera and film provided). Each assignment print is worth 20% and must accompany a shot roll of film in order to make prints.
- A total of 5 high quality prints will be required at the end of each term (5x20%= 100!). The final semester portfolio will consist of 10 high quality prints.
- Film processing will only take place during a (predetermined) scheduled time. Unprepared students will be required to complete a print using provided negatives.
- Complete all darkroom/lab assignments and activities. Chemicals (most) are non-toxic, but extreme caution must be taken at all times to ensure appropriate safety measures.
- Attendance is crucial to learning and academic success. Please be diligent about attending all classes when possible. You are personally responsible for making up any missed classes/assignments.
- Active listening, participation and discussion is part of the collaboration rubric (separate handout) and is 30% of term grade. Critique participation and engagement is required at the end of each lesson.
- Darkroom etiquette is serious business! Although being in the darkroom can be an exciting, engaging and rewarding learning environment, inappropriate behavior will not be tolerated. Personal responsibility, student safety and respect for all will be highly enforced.
*Photographic Assignments/Portfolio (homework) 40%
*Darkroom Lab Work & Hands-on Activities 30%
(exploration, practice, research, preparation, film processing, etc).
FINAL Artist Statement
10% of Final grade
*Critique and Assessment are ongoing...Active, beneficial and positive student/teacher participation is expected.